Friday 28 January 2011

Something Blue

A personal project:

A very good friend of mine is getting married next week and I wanted to make her, her 'something blue', which would also count for her 'something new'. Although I wanted to do a garter, I didn't want to do a really lacey traditional one... so I found this great tutorial by the purl bee on how to make a garter from liberty fabric. Well I didnt use the same fabric, but something very similar:

garter


close up of garter



I found the step by step guide really easy to follow, although I wasn't convinced my fabric was going to gather as much as the one in the tutorial after I completed my first line of stitching. But if you stick with it, it turns out right in the end : ) Plus it was really fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment