Thursday 20 January 2011

My 1950s style skirts

Time for another 'product info' blog : )

I love 1950s style full skirts, I love how they spin out as you move, but still look full when you're still.They can be so elegant and glamourous.

Although it's a bit more wasteful on fabric, one of the most simple patterns you can use is a full circle, which is what I use to create these 50s style skirts .

This pink one has no waistband, and has a petticoat of white net underneath.


pinkskirt



This next one is made of some fun fabric - white with black numbers on it, I liked the idea of combining something a little unusual with a vintage style pattern. This one has a big waistband, with four buttons on the darts, it also has a net underskirt, helping it hold it's full shape, and it's just visable at the bottom of the skirt.


numbers skirt



numbers skirt: button detail


numbers skirt: side view



This next one is the same style as the 'numbers' skirt, but it's in some gorgeous strawberry and polka dot fabric, much more vintage looking : ) This was a requested custom version of the 'numbers' skirt. I like the buttons I ended up with for this, as I intended to use the same ones as on the 'numbers' skirt, but they just didn't look right. The ones I chose in the end were much better, the red fades into white, which goes well with the strawberry fabric.


Strawberry skirt



All these skirts work very well when teamed with a lovely 1950s apron : )

4 comments:

  1. I do love these. Can't decide between the pink or numbers as to which is my favourite. What are they retailing at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the strawberries fabric, going to try and get hold of more this time when they get it in, plus they do a black with white polka dot with the strawberries too, so I might try and get hold of some of that too : )

    ReplyDelete